Monday, February 25, 2013

A New Way?

Since the first time I tried to do a puppet show, I thought there was only one way to play a hand puppet, especially when we have to play live in front of the audience.
What I knew back then was like this : playing a hand puppet by sitting or kneeling down, and put the puppet above our head by raising up our hand(s).

I found out that this method could give us problems, since this position would force us to keep our hand(s) above our head during the show. It would also limit the puppet's movement, because we couldn't move freely.

Until someday I found this video from Thistledownpuppets :

Hey...I never thought this could be another way of playing hand puppets!
You know, this really gave me a new insight of how to do a puppet show. It seemed that this kind of method would give us more flexibility in playing the puppets.
I also understand that even the puppeteers appeared clearly on the stage together with the puppets, the audience would still think those puppets were really "alive". One thing for sure, the puppeteers wore black costumes so that they would not distract the audience from the puppet show.

Hmm...I think it's worth to try...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment