Monday, June 4, 2012

Puppet Building - My First Attempt

I always had a dream to build my own hand puppet, and it wasn't easy to make it happen. It took me some times to finally start the process, and it was a long process, since the biggest challenge for me is to motivate my self to start it. Hey, the first step is the hardest part to do, right? I started by looking for some puppet-building tutorials in the internet. I found a lot of websites, blogs and puppetry-forums, but there were only few which showed detail informations about puppet building. Some of them provided step-by-step tutorials (and video-tutorials) of how to make your own hand puppet. Some only gave me brief explanations about it. I learned that before you could make your own puppet, you should prepare yourself with a good understanding about (at least) these things :

  1.  Puppet Design & Puppet Pattern Making 
  2.  Material Selection 
  3.  Sewing Skills 
 Looking for a perfect puppet pattern could be frustrating, but not until I found this website. It gave me the free puppet pattern that, in my opinion, is suitable for beginners. So, thanks to Bashful Puppet, I finally could make my first attempt to build a hand puppet of my own. Here are some pictures, showing my very first try to build a hand puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment